23 Oct 2014

Psalm 59:16


But I will sing of your strength
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love
in the morning
For you have been to me
a fortress and a refuge
in the day of my distress

Enemies rise up against me and all the problems and stuff happens.
BUT! I will do what? What am I gonna do? I will *sing* aloud and sing about YOUR -strength-.
God's strength, God's might, God's power! He is very strong! And because he is so strong, he is absolutely capable and sufficient, he can gao tim things. He is strong!

I will also sing aloud about God's -steadfast love-.
Steadfast. God's love is never-changing, endures for forever, really solid and firm, means it's not gonna end and it's not gonna stop and it's not gonna change.
Love. What kind of love is this? Affection, care, concern, patience, kindness, not self-centered (refer to 1 Cor 13). This is the kind of love God has. And it is STEADFAST.

Why do we sing of His strength and steadfast love?
Because! Here's the reason! >>> You HAVE BEEN to me a Fortress and a Refuge in the day of my distress.
"Have been" means he has already been, he has proven to be, and you have seen it to be true before.

A Fortress. Stronghold, a secure defence, that protects you.
A Refuge. Hiding place, where you find safety, peace and rest, for refugees, that you hide in.
This is why we sing of His strength and steadfast love, because he has been our Fortress and Refuge.

You have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.
In the day of my anxiety, pain, sorrow, heartbreak, hurt, uncertainty, in the day when there is fear and when everything is crumbling and being destroyed around me.

In /that/ day, You, God, have been my fortress and my refuge.
And so I will start my day, remembering this and singing of your strength (You are super strong and capable), and your steadfast love (that is absolutely sure). Thank You God for your Word.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases...

No comments:

Post a Comment