31 Dec 2016

Before 2017 comes

It's the last day of 2016 and what better time than now to follow the crowd and do some introspection? But like how I buy new clothes or eat tang yuan (and I think in the future, how I visit graves) I do my introspection throughout the year, whenever I want to, and perhaps way too often for my own good. If you have too much time and too little entertainment, lend your ear and let me share some good things that happened this year and what I hope for next year. Teeheee...

God was and is kind to me. He has shown me much grace in 2016. Friendship is something I treasure and besides the old (ancient and priceless!) friendships I've got, God also gave me friendships in people like Melissa from college. It is so rare, and therefore such a delight, to find people who genuinely enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs and who can just talk and talk comfortably about anything and everything. And then there are the new acquaintances made and heartwarming conversations had with Aunty Wei Meng and Chinnoi (my brother's fiancee) which made the latter part of my year warm and fuzzy.

My family reunion took place without any World War III and that was great! Maymay thank you for your counsel and listening ear, and your kindness towards people is an example to me. I think you are too nice sometimes, but then again, it is because you really are nice and this reminds me to be a kinder person as well even if the world is harsh and cold. You are the best sister in the whole world... even though your messages are sometimes very gross, what did I do to be born after you I do not know. But I am glad :)

And finally, I've to make mention of the one and only guy who has a special place in my heart (can you smell the oozing honey) and who has added so much value to my life. Despite the stupid fights we have, I love you. I'm happy that we resolve things rather quickly, apologize easily, and make up adequately (I hope this continues!), I love that you are direct and honest and that you make effort to know me. Keep it up, it's worth it ;) Thank you for loving me.

What are my hopes for 2017?
First, of course, the superficial stuff relating to my education - I want to pass my exams and get an internship. Grant me the strength and diligence and determination to study well, Lord Jesus. Even if I don't feel like it most days. Thank you for the results You've given me in the past and help me not to forget Your goodness to me.

Next, I want to be real. I want to relate to people properly and speak words which give grace, which do not tear down but build up. I want to take opportunities presented to me to share life and the good news with people instead of shying away and succumbing to the countless excuses I give myself.

More than anything else, I want to know God (I say this year after year) and not just go through the motions.

God has given you all you need for life and godliness, he has given you every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, he has given you everything you need to be content, all that you need you already have. So do not be anxious - seek first his kingdom and his righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment