10 Jul 2014

Sunday 29 June, I began feeling feverish in Genting and all the way to BCM. Then the fever came and the thought did occur to me that hey, my forehead is actually pretty hot, I wonder if my head would burn up.

About two days later, the fever left and all seemed to be fine. But I was not as sharp, my mind and movements seemed to be quite slow. Then, I started to feel tired no matter how much I'd sleep. And very thirsty too, but no amount of water would stop my dry lips from cracking at the edges.

Thursday 3 July, I went to view a room and ended up renting it yay! That's one thing down, and I'm glad.

Saturday 5 July, little red bumps started appearing under my skin, rashes! I had no fever at that time so I didn't think it would be da da da dengue! Sunday came and went and the rashes got more obvious. Oh and I had a great time teaching the ladies and hopefully they learnt something as well. About three of them said that the lesson was good and that they could understand it ;)

Monday 7 July, I was brought to the clinic. Did a blood test and guess what, I did have dengue. Platelet count was at 109. No wonder I was so absolutely tired the last few days. Then I thought, what if I die today? What if my platelet count drops to a dangerous level and I am unable to get to the hospital in time? I was afraid to fall asleep. Then I reasoned with myself, why do you fear? God holds your life in his hands. Do you believe that? Do you really believe?? O God help my unbelief!

Tuesday 8 July, I was brought to the clinic for a second blood test. Platelet count increased to 130+ so this means that my body was able to overcome the virus and was on the road to recovery.

I really, really want to thank God for preserving my life. I had dengue for a week and did so many things without knowing my life was at risk the whole time - I have been spared! It's crazy! I still have life on earth and it must not be squandered! There are no words but thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment